Home Family Blog How it all began

Mia's Homecoming Video

At last I see the light

One Less Orphan: Mia's gotcha day

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hanging out with Mia


Mia has been having a blast enjoying her new found freedom.



She is really good at playing make believe quietly by herself so she loves just exploring the apartment.


She loves cleaning and will entertain herself for a long time doing it.



Trying every single clip in her hair



She loves pretending to eat and even pretends to eat food out of books.

On Monday we took a little site seeing trip to the Ukraine LDS temple

It had been raining all morning and a few of the streets were totally flooded. We were basically driving through a small lake. The water was splashing in the windows it was so deep. We barely made it through.


We were the only ones on the temple grounds and so we just let Mia run free and she LOVED it! She just ran around and squealed and ran some more!





This was the first place in the country that we have seen real grass and Mia didn't quite know how to walk on it. It was funny to watch, a 4 year old who has never been on grass!




















Stopping to smell the flowers


She kept asking to wash her hair...she thought this was a big bathtub






We had just been wondering if she would ever just fall asleep on the go with us, because if she doesn't, the plane ride could be a nightmare, but on the way home from the temple she fell asleep leaning on her dad!

21 comments:

  1. Kecia, she is just SO PRECIOUS I can hardly stand it! I so wish we were close enough to help welcome you home. I am thrilled beyond belief by how things have gone for you and for your sweet Mia Kareen. Sending lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is to adorable! The bow picture is the best! Hope your embassy visits are going well and you are ready to head out of here. Best of luck on the way home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute that she loves to clean. Thanks again for all the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't help but tear up over how great it will be when you get to take her and her sisters to the temple to have her be sealed to you. She is such a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's blossoming before your eyes and it's only been a short time. Oh how I can't wait to see her with her sisters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is miraculous to watch her "reborn"... Feel like we are truly apart of your miracle
    Bless you

    xoxo
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Mia is just beautiful, physically, mentally and spiritually. I love watching her grow and explore. it's amazing! Can't wait to meet her! Sage travels and we'll see you in 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I just found your blog. My little sister has DS and she has truly blessed my life. Your blog makes me SOOOO happy to read. Mia is a beautiful little girl and she looks SOOO happy. She is obviously an intelligent child with so much personality. It looks like she was meant for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. she is adorable!!!!! :) love my mornings because i know there will be mia's updates!! :D great way of starting the day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Addicted to Mia!!! Cannot wait for you guys to get home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love every one of these pictures. She's so happy! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, it's obvious that Mia was meant to be yours. I've mentioned this before, but it's going to be so amazing for Mia to see your documentation of this journey when she's older! It's getting so much closer to Friday and I'm so excited for you guys!! Best wishes and lots of prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bring her over - I need my kitchen floor swept and mopped :)
    How cute is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures. I love the bows in her hair. That was quit the lake you guys drove through. I am so glad you got to visit the Temple grounds with her so when she is older she can look back on it. Looking forward to your homecoming.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been following your story for a while and I had tears in my eyes yesterday reading your posts. She is adorable and I just love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ok i am just going to have to accept that every post about you lot is going to have me in tears! you all look so so happy and mia, well i cannot even say how beautiful she is! she is radiating happiness! look you have past on your shiny smile already! love it xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it. What a wonderful place to take her. Soon you guys truly will be together forever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love reading all of your updates, and especially seeing all the pictures of Mia as she's grown and changed over the last month. The pictures at the temple are wonderful, but I think my favorite picture of her yet is the one you put first on this post. How could anyone possibly resist that grin?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is Kyra and Adrie Mia's smile is so cute! we can't wait for you to come home Adrie wanted to say yesterday we also went to the temple to take pictures before Bret left.

    ReplyDelete
  20. SUCH precious photos! I know you will treasure thee forever.

    ReplyDelete